In this article, we will discuss how to remove Microsoft Teams meetings from Outlook invites. By default, Outlook sets MS Teams as the default provider, but sometimes users want to access other add-ins. If you want to remove Teams as the default provider, then this article is for you. There are three ways to remove Microsoft Teams meetings from Outlook invites: using the Microsoft Office website, using the browser version of MS Outlook, or using the Outlook desktop app.
To remove Microsoft Teams meetings from Outlook invites using the Microsoft Office website, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Microsoft Office website (office.com) and log in to your account.
2. Select the dotted icon in the upper-left-hand corner and then select Outlook from the menu (if you can see the Outlook icon, no need to click on the dotted icon).
3. Click on the Settings icon, scroll down to find, and select View all Outlook settings.
4. Select Calendar > Events and invitations and untick the Add online meeting to all meetings option.
5. Select the Save button to save the changes.
To remove Microsoft Teams meetings from Outlook invites using the browser version of MS Outlook, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Outlook website (login.microsoftonline.com) and sign in to your account.
2. Click on the Calendar option and select the New Event button.
3. If you can’t see any Teams settings, click on More options. If you still can’t see any related settings, don’t go any further as your job is done.
4. If Teams meetings appear, switch off the toggle for Teams meetings.
To remove Microsoft Teams meetings from Outlook invites using the Outlook desktop app, follow these steps:
1. Search and open the Outlook app and then click on the File tab.
2. Select Options and then click on the Calendar tab.
3. Open the drop-down menu of Add online meeting to all meetings.
4. Untick the box next to Add online meeting to all meetings options and click the Ok button.
To edit a calendar invite in Outlook, follow these steps:
1. Launch Outlook and select the Calendar icon from the bottom of the page.
2. Click on the calendar event that you want to edit and select the Edit option.
3. Select any one from the given options: This event, This and all following events, or All events in the series.
4. Select either the Save or Send button.
To stop Microsoft Teams meetings for everyone, the host has the privilege to end the meeting at any given time. All they have to do is click on the down arrow, placed next to Leave and then on End meeting. This will do the job for you.