The Microsoft Store’s growth hasn’t been noteworthy and many popular apps are still absent from it. App developers prefer to develop desktop apps because they allow the apps to do more.
One major advantage of installing a UWP app from the Microsoft Store is that its updates will be seamless and come directly from the store app itself. More importantly, they will update in place, and automatically if the feature is enabled.
Give us a minute error on Windows 10
The Give us a minute error on Windows 10 appears when you open a Windows Store app by clicking its tile on the Start menu or in the apps’ list.
The full error reads;
Give us a minute. We’re updating [app name]. It should be ready to use again shortly
If you see this error, try the following.
1. Wait a few minutes
It is entirely possible that the app is being updated. It’s nothing to worry about so leave your system on, awake, and untouched for a few minutes and allow the app to update.
Microsoft Store updates aren’t the fastest so give the app a reasonable amount of time to update i.e., if the app is large in size, it will need longer to update.
2. Restart the system
While it is never explicitly stated if a UWP app needs the system to restart to complete the update, it may be why the update won’t complete and you continue to see this error.
- Wait a reasonable amount of time for the app to update.
- Shut down the system and install any pending updates.
- Boot the system again, and launch the app.
3. Pause/start update from Microsoft Store
The update may not be starting in the Microsoft Store in which case, you should pause/start the update directly from it.
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click the more options button (three dots) next to your profile picture and select Downloads and Updates.
- Click Get Updates.
- Microsoft Store will fetch a list of available updates.
- Install the updates. Keep the Microsoft Store app open until updates complete.
- Open the app from the Start menu or apps’ list.
4. Uninstall/reinstall app
If all else fails, you can uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Open the Start Menu/Apps’ list.
- Right-click the app and select Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, install the app again from the Microsoft Store.
The “Give us a minute” error isn’t hard to resolve and has to do with the many shortcomings of the Microsoft Store app. Updates often get stuck as do downloads and it take time for them to start again.