Removing an old Teams account from a Windows PC can be done in two ways. The first method involves the admin removing the account from the company or school, while the second method allows the user to remove the account themselves.
To remove an account connected with school or work, the user must ask their admin to do it. If they are unsure which organization is connected to their PC, they can follow these steps:
1. Sign in to http://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ using their account.
2. Click on their profile tile at the upper-right and select their Org name under “ORGANIZATION”.
3. Make a note of the “[email protected]***.onmicrosoft.com” email ID.
4. Sign in to.office.com using the mentioned [email protected]***onmicrosoft.com account.
5. Ask the admin to sign into office.com, go to the Admin panel, and select Billing > Subscriptions > Cancel trial.
Note: If the account is not associated with any organization, an access denied warning will be received. Admin rights are required to remove the account and login to the default admin account. If the user wants to keep their subscription but not use Teams, they can unassign the Teams license.
If the user is able to remove the account themselves, they can follow these steps:
1. Open Teams and sign out of the Teams app.
2. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts for personal or Access work or school for professional or school.
3. Choose the account that needs to be removed from the device.
4. Select Remove for personal or Disconnect for Work or School.
To delete an old Teams channel, the user can go to the desktop or web application and select Delete channel next to the channel title. It’s important to note that Team owners determine who can delete and recover channels, and deleting a channel will also delete its entire discussion log.
If a team has no owner, the admin needs to be contacted to remove it. The admin can go to the manage Teams page within the Microsoft Teams admin hub, select the team to be deleted, and click on the Delete option to permanently remove the team.