Users of Windows 11 and Windows 10 have reported that Spell Check is not functioning properly in Outlook. This article provides several solutions to resolve the issue. The problem may be caused by various factors such as the Automatic Spelling and Grammar feature being turned off, incorrect language settings, a corrupted patch or installation of Outlook, an outdated version of Outlook, pending updates, third-party add-ins interfering with the grammar checker, or malware attacks.
If you are experiencing Spell Check issues in Outlook on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can try the following suggestions to fix the problem:
1. Restart Outlook: Simply restarting Outlook may help resolve the Spell Check issue.
2. Set Outlook Auto Check: Make sure that Outlook is set to check your spelling before sending an email message. To do this, go to File > Options > Mail, and under Compose messages, check the “Always check spelling before sending” box. You can also adjust the settings for ignoring original message text in replies or forwards.
3. Change the default language in Outlook: Verify the default language settings in Outlook, as linguistic differences can affect the spell checker’s functionality. Go to File > Options > Language to check and adjust the language settings.
4. Run Spell Check manually: Use the F7 shortcut key or go to the Review tab in the menu bar and click on Spelling & Grammar to manually run the Spell Check. This will help you determine if the spell checker is working properly.
5. Disable Message Ignoring: Check if spell check is ignoring specific portions of your email messages. To do this, go to File > Options > Mail and clear the “Ignore original message text in the reply or forward” option under Compose messages.
6. Repair Outlook: If none of the above solutions work, you can try repairing Microsoft Outlook. Open Control Panel, go to Programs and Features, right-click on the Office program you want to repair, select Change, and then click Repair. Restart your PC after the repair process is complete. Alternatively, you can also repair Office Outlook through the Settings app on Windows 11/10 or reset Outlook.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the Spell Check issue in Outlook on your Windows 11/10 PC. If you continue to experience problems, consider seeking further assistance or consulting Microsoft support.