The popular gaming platform, Discord, has been experiencing errors lately, despite the fact that most of its users are tech-savvy. One of the issues that has been causing concern among users is that images are showing as files on Windows computers. In this article, we will discuss this problem and provide solutions to resolve it.
Why are Discord images showing as files?
Discord may show or send photos as files if the “show text and images” option in the app’s settings is disabled. This is one of the most common reasons, although there may be other causes such as sending large files over the internet or corrupted images or Discord. To fix this issue, follow the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix Discord images showing as files on Windows PC
1. Turn on “show text and images” preview: Make sure that the “Text and Images” settings are configured properly. If the setting to ensure that images are shown is disabled, enable it by following the steps given below:
– Open Discord
– Click on the cog button to enter the settings
– Scroll down to reach “APP SETTINGS” and click on “Text & Images”
– Enable the toggle of “When posted as links to chat”
– Close the settings, restart the Discord client application, and check if the issue is resolved.
2. Compress the image before sending: Discord may change the format of large images, so reduce their size or compress them before sending.
3. Try sending a different image: If the issue occurs when sending a particular image, try sending a different one to check if the image is corrupted.
4. Clear App Data: Corrupted app data may cause this issue. Delete the cache and app data from the File Explorer, sign back in, and check if the issue is resolved.
5. Reinstall Discord: If none of the above solutions work, uninstall Discord completely, download a fresh copy, install it, and check if the issue is resolved.
Why are Discord images not loading on PC?
There may be several reasons why Discord fails to load images, such as a poor internet connection, glitches in the DNS configuration of the computer, or privacy settings. To fix this issue, check our post on what to do when Discord images are not loading.
In conclusion, these solutions should help resolve the issue of Discord images showing as files on Windows computers.